Missing sunscreen adds up over the years to brown spots, discoloration, and skin cancer. Here are 9 of the most neglected places for sunscreen. Remember these spots to stay young looking and cancer-free in these locations.
1) Ears- Ladies who wear their hair up make sure to apply SPF on top of ears. Men, you should be applying everyday!
2) Back of neck- Farmer’s neck is not attractive. We see coarse lines from years of sun. Remember to apply SPF everyday for morning runs and any outdoor activities
3) Sides of Neck- After applying to the back of neck remember to cover the left and right sides of the neck as well.
4) Chest- Make sure to cover the “V” shaped area of the chest commonly exposed to sun.
5) Eyelids- are especially important because of their sensitive skin. Even if you wear sunglasses at times, SPF application is crucial!
6) Back of Hands- Your hands can truly tell your age, so one of our favorite products is Supergoop Hand Cream with a blend of antioxidants and a SPF of 40!
7) Lips- are a common place for sunburn and skin cancers. Men get more cancer here because many opaque lipsticks are sun protective. We suggest protecting by using SPF lip balms. We love the Elta MD SPF 31 and Supergoop SPF 30 Lip Balm.
8) Tops of feet- watch out when wearing open toed shoes or flip flops in the hot summer months or on trips to the beach. Supergoop Sunscreen Mist SPF 50 is perfect for the feet and body because it offers a spray application and goes on clear.
9) Scalp- Anyone who is balding or has fine, thin hair should remember to always apply spray sunscreen to scalp or wear a hat when outside. Make sure to apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. If using a spray, hold can 6 inches from body when applying for proper application.
Mention this blog this week and receive 10% off Supergoop Sunscreen Mist!